Web Development Project Manager
in Cape Town
Creative Spark is looking for a Web Development Project Manager for its Cape Town office.
Creative Spark is an award-winning, full service digital agency with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, servicing high-profile local and internationally-listed clients. The company is part of the world-wide M&C Saatchi agency network, and specialises in Digital Strategy, Creative & Design, Content Marketing and Development. The agency also runs five award-winning, internationally reputed online brands, including Memeburn.com, Ventureburn.com and Gearburn.com.
We are unashamedly digital-first, and are a fast-paced company that employs ambitious and committed people that want to go places, grow with the company and make an impact on the world. We are technology and innovation obsessed, and continually search for creative ways to leverage emerging technology to help solve business and marketing challenges for our clients.
The ideal candidate would be someone who would want to be part of our continued growth story, is happy multi-tasking, is pro-active, entrepreneurial, and a problem-solver. A solid understanding of the digital landscape, and creative ways of leveraging digital platforms to support campaign objectives, is required.
- Must be familiar with project management tools ie JIRA / Magnetic
- Be good under pressure, be deadline-orientated, be good at multi-tasking;
- Be admin proficient for reporting and budgets and project plans.
- Monitor progress against critical dates and makes any adjustments to keep the project on track.
- Understand Web development and its capabilities.
- Understand Wed Design and its impact on web development
- Ability to brief projects accurately including functional specifications
- Ability to do QA and feedback to developers.
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained;
- Be able to liaise between client, developers, designers and other stakeholders;
- Have broad knowledge and be passionate about the web and mobile
Responsible for all aspects of the client relationship on your portfolio: client liaison, relationship management and the management of projects:
- Compile status documents and run/participate in status meetings and creative reviews
- Compile CEs / Quotes and manage budgets
- Understand client business, objectives and requirements
- Be able to think on your feet and partake in on-the-spot solutions, communicating ideas clearly
- Co-ordinate and execute activities and tasks required to meet all objectives with your team / studio
- Identify and recommend the best possible solutions in terms of implementation and or end product
- Have an exceptional eye for detail. Structured and organized
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence, tact and persuasive manner
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Willingness to work long hours and ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytic skills and knowledge of Excel a must.
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in digital account management
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of Design and Web Technologies
- Professional manner
- Pride in work
- Well-developed sense of humour and enjoys being part of a team
- Ability to adapt (any environment, systems, processes and procedures)
- Good time management
- Attention to detail!
The position would suit a mid-level candidate, ideally someone who wants to grow and take on new and more responsibility as the company expands its presence. This is an opportunity for ambitious individuals keen to develop their skills further and be part of a growing operation.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants with relevant industry, role and language skills need apply