Lead Experience Designer
in Cape Town
Our client's looking for an experience director to co-lead the customer experience of one of the most exciting customer experience transformation projects in the country.
An experience director leads the full user experience, including customer journeys, information architecture, innovation and ideation, and UX and service design teams designing websites and service systems, mobile apps and other customer touch points. They ensure that we not only improve the lives of customers through intuitive usability, but that we innovate the entire experience to give customers the best results possible. They then turn these ideas and strategies into clearly scoped, spec'd and deliverable briefs to Agile development teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues, clients, and third parties to ensure that your experience design
- Articulates the business needs and delivers to these outcomes in a way in which both business and customers win
Represents the best outcome for users by:
- Researching user needs - exploring for insights, conducting user testing, consulting data and existing research and leveraging best practice
- Developing user personas, customer journeys and interaction models
- Creating flow diagrams, wireframes and storyboards that are easily understood by both clients and teams
- Is easily understood and executed by development teams in Agile sprints. You will be the voice of the customer in these sprints and work closely with business, graphic designers, content specialists and the tech teams
- As an experience director, you will be leading the work, and will have extensive management responsibilities over senior, mid and junior UX designers. You would be expected to review work, mentor them towards growth and inspire your team
- You will already have experience not only as a senior user experience designer, but also at a management level, leading a UX team
- You will have extensive experience working with senior executives in client companies
- You will be fully proficient in all current UX and CX artefacts, able to train these as well as execute fast where you are jumping in to assist your team
- You will have direct experience with leading formal usability testing as well as more informal styles
- You are conversant in best practice user and customer experience and understand what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies. You have the ability to keep up and grow with this constantly changing environment
- You are able to run multiple projects in parallel, at different levels of complexity - including large and complex systems and experience journeys
- You thrive under high pressure, and are able to maintain your own equilibrium, as well as be a buffer to your team.
- Experience of working in Lean/Agile teams would be preferred