Snr UX Designer
in City of Cape Town Metro
We are looking for a senior user experience (UX) designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design project. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Collaborate with product managers & business stakeholders to confirm business objectives and define user objectives & flows.
- Build wireframes & convert wireframes into a working prototype.
- Collaborate with technical leads in order to design innovative & engaging user experiences within platform constraints and technical limitations.
- Work closely with the UI designers to ensure adherence to design guidelines & best practices across all platforms.
- Facilitate user testing and evaluate user feedback to further improve the concept or existing products.
- Work closely with the development & QA teams to ensure successful implementation of the specified designs.
- Measure the effectiveness of each initiative & refine.
- Research interaction design trends.
- Research technology trends.
- Information architecture & information design
- Interaction design
- Persona creation
- User-centered design
- UI design
- Wireframing & prototyping
- Copy writing
- Task analysis
- Market research
- Usability testing
- A/B testing
- Data analysis
- Web analytics
- Strong understanding of common software development practices
- Business analysis
- Communication skills (written, verbal & visual)
- Chairing workshops & meetings
- Project & people management
Strong working knowledge of the following web design tools
- Wireframing tools (e.g. Axure, Balsamiq etc)
- Process flow tools (e.g. Visio etc)
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a UX design role.
- Proven experience designing user-centric iOS & Android native mobile applications.
- Proven experience building wireframes & converting wireframes into a working prototype.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
- Relevant tertiary qualifications