Head Of Social Media
in Cape Town
My client is a big and well known, established digital agency and they are seeking a Head of Social Media to lead their globally awarded social media team in driving innovative and highly effective social strategies and ground-breaking content and campaigns for their clients. Excellent attention to detail, strategic thinking and passion for insights and trends is key - as is being a communication visionary and true thought leader in the social space.
- Participating with the brainstorming, organization and development of social media opportunities.
- Acting as a key representative and spokesperson of the agency publicly and internally.
- Educating coworkers from other disciplines on our social media capabilities and experience.
- Overseeing social media accounts and initiatives, ensuring excellence in digital services and project/staff efficiency.
- Supervising and leading Social Media Community Managers on social media projects.
- Working closely with Strat, Client Service and Creatives to explore opportunities for new business through social media.
- Leveraging network and relationships to fuel leads.
- Serving as a public thought leader on social media for our agency.
- Maintaining expertise on emerging social trends and technologies.
Team lead responsibilities:
- Motivated Team.
- Mentor, coach & grow team.
- Regular team meetings.
- Management of annual leave/absenteeism & late coming and other disciplinary issues together with the HR Manager.
- Implementing processes and ensuring the processes are adhered too.
- Ensure that team is working efficiently.
- Ensure the quality of work is excellent.
- Ensure work produced is cutting edge.
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Passionate about networking, relationship building, and working with different disciplines across the agency.
- Naturally motivated and self-?directed.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong digital presence and expertise in emerging channels, as well as several of the following kinds of social spaces: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, Virtual Worlds, Mobile Platforms.
- Project management experience.
- Proficient strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Effective delegation skills.
- Strong written, verbal, time-?management and organizational skills.
- 10 + digital marketing experience.
- Minimum of 6 years focused on social media 4+ years of experience directly managing and growing a team.
- Experience acting as a social media thought leader influencing senior executives and gaining buy-in within a matrix organization.
- Proven experience in a management role leading the creation and implementing digital/social media campaigns on a global level.
- Lives and breathes Beats culture-music, sports, fashion, etc.
- Proven experience managing paid social budgets in an efficient manner on major platforms.
- Ability to interpret data using established analytic/reporting tools to create actionable marketing programs.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, resolving issues, and reconciling differences.
- Able to demonstrate how social campaigns deliver impact to broader business and marketing objectives.
- Mastery in and passion for all social media channels.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and remain calm under pressure.
- Experience in working across different global cultures a plus.