Group Salary/Payroll Controller
M&C Saatchi Abel
in Cape Town, De Waterkant
Remuneration: Basic salary
Location: Cape Town, De Waterkant
When M&C Saatchi was launched in 1995, it was of the belief that ‘nothing is impossible’. A conviction that an individual can make what seems highly improbable happen. Six years after opening our doors in 2010 in South Africa, M&C Saatchi Abel was voted South Africa’s best advertising agency, with over 180 staff in our Cape Town and Johannesburg offices.
We are looking for an experienced salary/payroll controller to lead and manage all payroll requirements for our group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Mid-year submissions to SARS: Import all the PAYE from the monthly payrolls onto easyfile. Submit by the 31 October
- Annual submissions to SARS: Import all the PAYE from the monthly payrolls into easyfile and ensure make that all freelance PAYEs have been capture manually on easyfile and balanced with finance. Submit by the 31 May
- Capture monthly payroll by the 15th of the month
- Reconcile payroll and prepare journal for processing on NAV
- Submit payroll to finance by 21st/22nd of every month
- Manage ESS (employee self-service) by uploading all approved annual leave and monitoring and track sick leave
- Do reconciliation of the provident fund once payroll has been finalised by the 28th/29th of the month
- Monitor, track and follow up of all freelance invoices by the 21st of the month. Make sure they correctly invoice according their freelance contract
- On a monthly basis capture all freelance invoices on SARS easyfile website
- Manage Medical Aid and Provident Fund sign-ups with new staff and arrange Medical Aid and Provident Fund meetings once a month for new staff
- Compile key information for monthly HR report – to include leave balances, loans reports
- Send the leave accrual report to finance
- On weekly basis capture all leave, sick, family responsibility forms on ESS (follow up with outstanding sick leave forms)
- Balance all leave, sick, family responsibility leave
- Prepare welcome pack for new joiners (including key sign up documentation)
- Send all completed provident fund forms/queries on the weekly/daily basis to the Provident Fund company
- Do filing of payroll by the 9/10th of the month and keep personnel files updated
- Send exit pack to all staff that are resigning (consists of letter to confirm salary that will be paid, leave days, any money that is still owed to the company, withdrawal provident fund form and medical aid contact and withdrawal forms)
In summary: Key task and responsibilities
- To do payroll for the M&C Saatchi Abel Group of companies (180+ staff) on a monthly basis on Pastel Payroll
- Submissions of PAYE
- Provident Fund maintenance (sign-ups, terminations, withdrawal, balancing of the fund, reporting)
- Medical Aid (sign-ups and changes in plans, coordinating with Medical Aid brokers on updates, etc.)
- All leave management (tracking, monitoring and management)
We don’t do ego.
We don’t do prudes.
We solve in the positive.
If this opportunity excites you, please apply! Applicants are requested to submit a CV in their application.
Please note, if you do not receive a response in two weeks, your application has not been successful