in Craighall, Johannesburg
Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the following technologies (Essential)
- Angular/Ember/Backbone/Meteor/JQuery (Any of these, but not specific to a framework)*
- MySQL & Microsoft SQL
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the following technologies (Bonus)
- Mobile Cross Platform (ionic/Cordova/React Native)
Main purpose of the position:
1. Core Project: 4-5 Months: The candidate will support the team lead on the development of a POS/Ecommerce/Accounting Software System with a number of senior and intermediate team members to direct through the project entirety.
2. Internal & Future: On-going: Improvement of internal systems, SovTech Remote Developer Platform, Cross Platform Mobile Applications.
The candidate must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team that builds and integrates interactive web platforms, applications and services. The job will also require the design and development of websites, data driven applications, and finding new and efficient ways to develop existing and new projects. An in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, and agile development methodologies is also a great help.
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to multitask
- Sound writing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Creative thinking
- A fair understanding of general business principles
- Deadline driven
- Worship people on Stack Overflow
- Team player
- A hunger for tech blogs
- Ability to work within tight schedules
Remuneration: Market related
Location: Johannesburg (Craighall)
Education level: Degree (not essential)
Job level: High
Type: Permanent or Project Basis
Still think this is you? Email us. We’re a fast growing tech company with a reach into many industries, and we’d love to get to know you better over coffee and a chat about what drives your passion within the industry. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a portfolio of your work, and a 1 page motivation around why you think you’re the right fit for the job.