Junior Operations Associate
My client is a subsidiary of Africa's biggest e-commerce company and they are looking for a talented, motivated and results oriented Junior Operations Associate.
They are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hardworking people to join them. They offer a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
They seek to employ people who are:
- Experts at doing, designing and executing.
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions but not consume them.
- Always questioning the status quo.
- Not averse to risk taking.
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative.
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the user's perspective.
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
The position reports to and works closely with the Senior Operations Associate of the company.
- You will have to compile daily, weekly and monthly operations, orders and delivery performance reports.
- Daily investigation on order exceptions.
- Implementing reporting needs together with the company's BI team.
- Compile a report on operational failures and customer complaints.
- Compiling special enquiry reports.
- Assisting the support and customer services teams with operational analysis and feedback.
- Attention to detail in a high pressure environment.
- Strong analytical ability supported by solid Excel skills.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement.
- Advanced ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions.
- Willingness to buy into the requirements of a fast paced start-up environment.
- Ability to verbalize as well as visualize findings and results.
- Enterprising spirit and ability to take ownership of tasks.
- A strong interest in e-commerce.
- Strong team player.