Digital Content Producer
in Cape Town
We have an exciting opportunity available for an integrated GROUP DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
Are you a millennial expert? Do you ride the wave of pop culture, fashion and beauty?
Are you a creative word wizard living that FFF lifestyle?
This position is at an established media house in Cape Town where you will get the opportunity to work with the most talented people in the business. Where creatives work across titles and brainstorm together on creating fresh, new and exciting editorial content.
Feel free to send your CV, portfolio and motivational letter in a direct mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More detailed job spec available on request.
- Produce and edit accurate, interesting and engaging content for all digital platforms (web, mobi, digital applications, newsletter and social media)
- Write digital content marketing across all titles with distinct South African point of view
- Create and produce content for all online and digital elements for all projects
- Create pieces of digital content per day maximized for SEO
- Represent the brand at events and functions
- Write fresh, reader-friendly material and cliché-free promotional copy for all platforms
- Source, research and write items for certain set sections, specifically allocated to the digital content producer each month
- Meet deadlines
- Participate constructively at monthly features meetings by sourcing and contributing story ideas
- Keep abreast of both local and international news that is of interest to the relevant title audiences.
- Formulate strong relationships with professionals in different fields (sources), to build up a solid list of contacts and, occasionally, to represent the brand at functions or speak on its behalf.
- Have an interest in millennial trends, websites, digital apps, fashion, beauty, music and socialising
- Write reviews
- Create a 24-hour content hub: be proactive and reactive to related breaking news and jump onto any news stories that need attention outside of working hours
- Travel occasionally, when a story requires it.
- Brainstorm concepts to sell clients that are on brief and can be produced within the time frame and budget.
- Write webatorials and content marketing campaigns for clients in a relevant tone and voice and ensuring that correct links, credits, logos, images etc are used.
- Plans, writes and schedules all social media posts relevant to the commercial campaign with correct tagging and hashtagging.
- Implement and run social media-based competition campaigns
- Conceptualize and execute creative ideas to promote magazines
- Promote events, assistance in red carpet event strategy, ticket sales etc.